Where to Park at Findlay Market
When spring arrives, Findlay Market comes alive. After the long winter days with a slower pace, full-time merchants gear up, outdoor vendors return, and the biergarten reopens. On the first few warm days, you can be sure you will see people everywhere!
As much fun as it is to feel the energy at a bustling public market, arriving to find your favorite parking spot taken can be stressful. Worse yet, if you have never been to Findlay Market, the traffic coming and going and looping in and out of the nearby parking lots can be daunting.
Below are some tips for taking the stress out of parking no matter what day you visit:
- Study the parking map. As you can see, there are three main lots designated with a “P” and associated with Findlay Market. Keep in mind that Race Street only runs to the south and Elm Street only runs to the north. In addition, Green Street only runs from east to west. So if you are planning to go around the block to get settled, you want to go in a clockwise direction from Findlay Street to Race Street to Green Street (or Liberty Street) to Elm Street.
- If you are using any of the Findlay Market lots, pull in, find a space, and pay for parking AFTER you are parked and out of your car. If you pull into a lot and can’t find a space, just circle around because people tend to come and go. If you still can’t find a space, exit the lot and try one of the other three lots.
- Once you are parked, you pay for parking by using a credit or debit card at the fare machine. Each of the three lots has its own machine. Make sure you know your license plate number. Your plate number is the first thing you enter at the machine. Next enter the number of hours you anticipate being at the market. Parking costs $2 per hour. Then click ok for a printed receipt. Note: You DO NOT need to put the receipt on your dash.
- You can save time and money by downloading the CincyEZPark app before heading to the market. No need to go to the machine; just pay using your app. Findlay Market is Zone #4523. If you use the app, you can get a discount code from any of the market merchants that will grant you $3 off Monday-Friday or $1 off Saturday-Sunday. The app makes it easy to add time if you find out you are having too much fun to leave, too.
- You will also find some metered parking on streets near the market. Be sure to check the signs carefully though. Some of the spaces are reserved for loading and unloading during certain hours.
- There are other paid lots within a few blocks of Findlay Market. For example, there is a surface lot at Liberty and Race that operates with a fare machine similar to the market lots. Another parking facility that is surprising close to Findlay Market is the underground parking garage at Washington Park.
- Last but certainly not least is one of my favorite ways to get to Findlay Market. Park at The Banks near Downtown, and ride the FREE Cincinnati Bell Connector Streetcar to Findlay Market. Streetcar stops on both Elm and Race Streets make it easy to get off and on at the market.
- One last tip–TQL Stadium is within a few blocks of Findlay Market, too. Be ready for extra traffic on FC Cincinnati game days, even several hours before game time when the supporters arrive in Over-the-Rhine. Be aware that on game days, the first two hours at the Findlay Market lots are $2/hour (standard rate). If you park longer than 2 hours, it is considered game day rate of $20.
Follow these tips and you will arrive relaxed and ready for any of our tours!