5 Ways To Get Around Downtown Cincinnati Without Your Car
Driving in a strange city can sometimes take all the fun out of traveling. Since Cincinnati’s urban core is very compact, it makes it easy to park at a hotel and never touch your car again until you are ready to leave town.
Here are 5 convenient ways to navigate Downtown Cincinnati without a car:
- Use a ride-sharing service like Lyft or Uber. Cars are usually available within a few minutes and cost is minimal to travel a few blocks. Download the apps to check availability and pricing.
- Rent a bike. The Cincy Red Bike program has more than 50 stations with almost 500 bikes. A day pass is only $10 and allows unlimited 2-hour trips. Learn more by downloading the app.
- Rent an electric scooter. Both Bird and Lyme offer scooters all over town for rent. Pricing is about $1 to unlock and $.15 per minute to rent. Download the apps for more information.
- Ride the free Cincinnati Bell Connector. The streetcar runs a 3.6 mile loop and connects Cincinnati’s riverfront, downtown, and Findlay Market. With 18 stops along the route, you can get off and on within a couple blocks of our most popular attractions.
- Last, but certainly not least, WALK. You can walk from Downtown Cincinnati to Findlay Market in the Over-the-Rhine neighborhood in a little over 30 minutes. Along the way, you will find hundreds of restaurants, bars, and shops to visit.
Because Cincinnati is so walkable, we choose to offer most of Cincinnati Food Tours as walking tours. We believe the best way to really get to know a city is to hit the streets, talk to the people, and definitely take a guided tour if possible.