James Beard Awards Add Jewels to the Queen City’s Crown
The James Beard Foundation recently announced the 2023 Restaurant and Chef Awards Semifinalists. With a number of categories similar to the Oscars, the James Beard Awards are the most recognized system of highlighting excellence in the culinary industry. Just to be mentioned in the same sentence as James Beard is an honor and to be recognized as a semifinalist puts you among the best of the best. In fact, each and every Semifinalist shines a spotlight not only on the restaurant, but also on the chef, the staff, the owners, and the community in general.
Cincinnati is proud to boast five Semifinalists among the 2023 honorees.
- Mita’s–Outstanding Restaurant
- Nolia–Best New Restaurant
- Chef Elaine Uykimpang Bentz at Cafe’ Mochiko–Outstanding Pastry Chef or Baker
- Chef Francisco Alfaro at Mid-City Restaurant–Best Chef: Great Lakes
- Chefs Hideki and Yuko Harada at Kiki College Hill–Best Chef: Great Lakes
When considering these restaurants in the heart of the Midwest, you can’t help but appreciate the breadth of talent and fine dining opportunities available right here in Cincinnati. Best of luck to the Semifinalists, and thank you for being jewels in the Queen City’s crown!