We may not have the ocean or the mountains in Cincinnati, but we have lots of way to get outside and enjoy summer. Taking a walk on a quiet morning, riding a bike along the Ohio River, or watching the sunset over the hillside are all great ways to make the most of the season. As much as anything, I enjoy eating outside. Our Over-the-Rhine neighborhood is filled with popular sidewalk cafes, but some of the best places to eat are a little more hidden.
In no particular order, here are a few of my favorite outdoor spots to eat and drink in Over-the-Rhine:
- The courtyard at Che', 1342 Walnut
- The patio at Nation Kitchen and Bar, 1200 Broadway
- The rooftop at Krueger's Tavern, 1211 Vine
- The beer garden at Kaze', 1400 Vine
- The deck at Washington Park, 1230 Elm
Get out there. Take time to smell the flowers. Have a cold one and a bite to eat, and watch the world go by. Summer comes but once a year!